MACHINING INC'S, ORBITAL CERAMICS
(FMI/OC) currently manufactures custom ceramic tile billets
and does precision 3 and 5 axis machining of "space shuttle type"
ceramic tile insulation. The ceramic tile billets are manufactured to meet
specification and are available in various densities and compositions. FMI/OC
also manufactures ceramic materials to customer specifications.
The ceramic tile manufactured is licensed by NASA under the Space Act
Agreement. Please note, our FMI-OCTB formula has not been flight tested.
Typical AETB 8lb to 16lb Density Ceramic Tile Billets
Typical OCTB 8lb to 22lb Density Ceramic Tile Billets
Typical FRCI 8lb to 16lb Density Ceramic Tile Billets
• Extremely low thermal conductivity
• Range of densities available 8lb to 22lb
• Resistant to thermal shock
• Low thermal expansion, tailorable from 1.2 to 3.7 uin/in degrees F
• Low dielectric constant
• Multiple billet sizes available
• Machined to complex shapes
• Can be densified and coated with a variety of durability hardness coating materials and waterproofing
Forrest Machining Inc / Orbital Ceramics